Future and some thoughts
Good Morning- After thoughtful consideration to the informational meetings held in our region, I wanted to get to the group with some thoughts since it seems to be relatively quiet relating to the potential changes in central Wisconsin real estate. I want to thank the board for their hard work, and everything they have done thus far. I am certainly appreciative. I feel that the meeting can be summarized into a few basic concepts, along with some quick and simple speculations. Here are the messages I received: 1. Staying as an independent MLS currenlty known as CWMLS is not recommended. 2. The only recommendation we have is to merge with RANW. 3. We don't know anything about the rules, regualtions, costs, or anything at this time, but we have a task force to figure it out. 4. We tried to look at SCMLS, but we can't really tell you details due to an NDA but it didn't work out for various reasons. We don't feel good about it was basically the message.
With the obvious being spoken, if we move ahead with the current trajectory, there is only 1 option. Maybe it is the best option, maybe it isn't. This is a big decision for our group, and I beleive that there are really only 2 options to for the best real estate future for our group, and that is either RANW or SCMLS. Since there are only 2 options, could we please hear from each option? I am not sure if SCMLS would even entertian anything becase I am not understanding all the things that occurred, but somtimes I particiapte in business transactions that are not warm and fuzzy with sunshine rainbows and butterflies but that transaction was 100% the best thing for me or the person engaged in it. Commuinication is a good thing, so lets hear form each side for 30 min(or???), then make a vote. We did hear from RANW on their plan, summarized as the task force to figure it out. Simple enough. I say this because we really don't know the reasons we are here due to non disclosure, and its really only these 2 options. I may love the RANW' s plan and think its the best thing and vote that way, or I may hear something from the SCMLS that will make me feel its better for business. Please give the members this opportunity, or at least reach out to SCMLS one last time to see if they would be willing to meet with our group and tell us what happend and what they would do for our members (or what they won't do for our memebers). Otherwise the way I see it there really isn't a choice. The vote is simply a formality as it goes. Thank you for your time.


Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for recognizing the work our Board has put into this process. I appreciate your perspective, and I understand why you would want to hear from both organizations before making such an important decision.
One thing I would like to clarify is that we haven't arrived at this point overnight. Our Board has spent months exploring different opportunities, meeting with organizations, asking questions, and considering what the future of Central Wisconsin should look like. There has been a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes that may not be apparent from the informational meetings.
Our Board has evaluated the opportunities available to us and ultimately decided to bring the proposed RANW merger to our membership for consideration.
I also understand your concerns about the details that have yet to be finalized. Our vote is still approximately 30 days away, and we plan to hold an informational Zoom meeting shortly before the vote. By then, we expect to have additional information regarding many of the outstanding questions, including costs, services, governance and other details of the proposed merger. This will also give members another opportunity to ask questions before making their decision.
Regarding South Central, there are circumstances surrounding our previous relationship that we are unable to discuss in detail. I understand that this can be frustrating, especially when members are hearing different perspectives. However, we have an obligation to protect our organization and honor our legal commitments.
I understand your suggestion to invite both organizations to present and let the membership choose. However, our Board has already spent considerable time evaluating those opportunities and determining which proposal to bring forward. We do not intend to restart that process or turn the upcoming vote into a competition between organizations.
This vote is not a formality. Members will have the opportunity to approve or reject the proposed merger with RANW. If it doesn't pass, we will need to reevaluate our next steps.
We recognize that we're asking members to place some trust in the work their elected Board has done. In return, we have a responsibility to be as transparent as possible about the proposal and the details that remain unresolved. That's exactly why we're planning another informational meeting before the vote.
I respect that you may ultimately disagree with our recommendation, and that's okay. What I hope members recognize is the time, effort and consideration our Board has put into this process, with the long-term interests of Central Wisconsin REALTORS® at the center of our discussions.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and being engaged in the future of our organization.
Brian